As a parent, one of the proudest moments is to see the accomplishments of your children. Many times, as moms we forget about ourselves and put the family first. Its a great feeling when those sacrifices were so worth it!
School ends in 4 days and my sons would have officially finished 4th and 6th grade! I’m so proud of them! This year has had its ups and downs, but we made it through!
This school year (2016-17) was the first year I made a leap of faith to have my sons attend virtual school from home. We found a great school with a great cirriculum and pushed through!
It was by far a walk in the park. You know how your children are different in school and come home being themselves right? Well when the kiddos go to school at home, they have no choice, but to be who they are. With this, I’ve learned Jordan is a class clown and play with his pencils when he’s bored. Jt is the perfectionist and is down when he doesn’t get 100% on all his assignments.
Many parents know these traits of their children based on speaking with teachers and students. However, when you are the Learning Coach, when the teacher is there occasionally life is different. You see most of your child’s strengths and weaknesses unfold right in front of you.
After presevering through this school year, we made the decision to stay in the virtual world for the upcoming year 2017-18 with their current school.
So here’s what Im proud of….
1. We went Vegan and have done our best to stay meat free 98% of the time. Dairy free 80% of the time. Cheese has been the hardest to let go!
2. Jordan no longer eats candy after learning that his favorites are GMOs.
3. Meditation and Yoga has been a big part of our lives.
4. I’ve lost weight during the school year and now on a mission to lose even more all summer long!
5. The boys will remain Gifted and Talented students next school year!
I have a lot to be proud and thankful for.
How did your children make you proud this school year? How did you persevere when you made a needed sacrifice for your kids?